The Bolgart prospect (E70/5151) is located 20km south of the town of Calingiri, and extends between the towns of Bolgart and Wattening.
The project covers a series of small magnetic geophysical anomalies which are located 5km southeast of the abandoned and rehabilitated Bolgart Goldfield workings.
Chalice Mining Limited has entered into a farm-in and joint venture arrangement on the Bolgart prospect (E70/5151) under which Chalice can earn up to a 75% interest by spending up to $4 million on exploration expenditure.
- Ni-Cu-PGE hosted in mafic / ultra-mafic intrusive rocks
- Orogenic Gold
- An historic gold project in the 1890s;
- Explored by CRAE (1993 to 1995) for gold and base metals;
- Soil sampling by NRL identified coincident nickel and copper anomalism to CRAE soils data.
|Age||Archean 4 Ga – 2.5 Ga|
|Terrane||Youanmi Terrane / SW Terrane|
|GSWA Lithology||metamorphosed mafic rocks; iron formation; granodiorite|
- Limited data with only 7 shallow aircore holes drilled within the tenement;
- 16 moderate, strong and very strong conductors identified in an Airborne Electromagnetic survey conducted by NRL (2022);
- Discordant features in aeromagnetic data may indicate intrusive rocks;
- Bounded by a recently interpreted (GSWA) terrane-scale thrust, paleo-cratonic boundary;
- Coincident high-amplitude gravity anomaly.