The Wongamine project (E70/ 4692) is located 14km northeast of Toodyay. Historically a gold project in the 1930s, however the source of anomalous gold readings was never found.
- Ni-Cu-PGE hosted in mafic / ultra-mafic intrusive rocks
- Orogenic Gold
- Extensive shallow drilling for bauxite;
- Considerable exploration for Iron ore – including Cliffs Asia Pacific Iron Ore, Reedy Lagoon Corporation, Western Mining, and others.
|Age||Archean 4 Ga – 2.5 Ga|
|GSWA Lithology||metamorphosed mafic and ultramafic rocks; iron formation; amphibolite|
# Source: Geological Survey of Western Australia, Youanmi Terrane (YYO) explanatory notes
- Large fold (2.5km) truncated by shear zone (8km);
- High amplitude discordant magnetic anomalies may indicate mafic-ultramafic intrusive rocks;
- Ultramafic rocks mapped at surface;
- 5 moderate and 3 strong conductors identified in an Airborne Electromagnetic survey conducted by NRL (2022);
- An Induce Polarisation survey by NRL showed a strong chargeability anomaly across both lines,
- Sulphides identified in ultramafic rocks drilled in 2019 – not assayed.